Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snow Day = Craft Day

Since I ended up with a snow day I decided to start some projects. The first one I did was Mr. J's Valentine's Day gift. I know a little early but I know if I don't do it now it won't get done. On Pinterest I saw using a deck of cards to make of book of "52 reasons why I love you". I decided to make it using an old deck of cards, a book ring, sticker paper and a couple of stickers.
Since we are both Cougars I used an old deck of Cougar cards
I punched a hole in the corner of each card
I typed out my 52 reasons (a lot easier than I thought) and printed them out on printable sticker paper that I had

I used my paper slicer to trim down the reasons so they would fit on the cards. I also printed a few on paper first to make sure it would fit before printing on the sticker paper.

I peeled a little bit of the backing off and cut the reason out. I found this easier then peeling each individual square.
Here are the cards with their reasons stuck on.

Here is the cover I used some stickers I had from my scrapbooking supplies.

Here is the finish product!! Now to find a place to hide it until V-day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment