Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The funny things kids say

So I have taught first grade and kindergarten and have always laughed at what my students have said. Well I had been told that older kids say funny things too but I had never really experienced it until today when I subbed in my friends 4th grade classroom.
I over heard two students talking one was tell the other that she should of called me Mrs. and not Miss. He then turned to me and said you are a Mrs. and our teacher is a Miss right?
Me: No, I'm a Miss
Boy: But you have a ring (note my ring is on my right hand)
Me: It's on the wrong hand
Boy: Does it mean you are engaged?
Me: No, it was a gift from my parents when I turned 18
Differnet girl: That was a long time ago and it still fits
Me: Yes
Girl: (then the girl touches my ring) It is a little tight
So I have been called old and fat today. But I do love these kiddos and look forward to when I get to be in their room. Plus they gave me a good laugh today.

1 comment:

  1. That. Was. Awesome! If it makes you feel any better, my very first meeting with the 6th grade girls was like "Hi, I'm Mrs. Reed nice to meet you." And one girl was all like, "How many kids do you have?" No hello. Not "if" I had kids -- how MANY! Good stories :-)

    ReplyDelete